Sumeru Trekkers one day Night trekking n camping to Peb Fort on 17th Feb 2018
17 February 2018
Sumeru Trekkers Invites you for one day Night trekking n camping to Peb fort on 17th Feb 2018
Night Trek to Vikatgad
Located in the same mountain range as Matheran, Peb fort is a enjoyable trek for a day’s outing.
The fort derives it name from the Goddess 'Pebi'; Peb is also called 'Vikatgad' for its supposed shape of the Elephant Headed God, 'Ganesh'. The trek to the top involves surmounting a small rock patch and a ladder. The fort is famous for its caves which are maintained by disciples of Swami Samartha and the meditation chambers carved out from the rock inside the mountain. To get inside the meditation chamber, one has to crawl through a narrow passage in the rock and then climb down into the meditation chamber. The chamber is very well maintained with tiles on the floor for ppl to sit and meditate.
The fort also has a temple dedicated to Swami Samartha on the top and has the footwear or 'Padukas' worn by the great saint kept on the top. The view of the entire Neral and Karjat region from the top is worth the climb. Another attraction of the trek is the only standing Bastion or Buruj facing the Panorama point of Matheran, the view from here is just too beautiful to describe.
Type : Hill Fort
Height : 2100 Feet above MSL (Approx)
Grade : Medium
Endurance Level: Medium
District : Raigad
Region : Karjat
Base Village : Neral
Cost : INR 850/- Per Person
Meeting Point: Neral Railway Station, Near Ticket Window on East at 07: 00 pm
Start trek at around 08:00 pm.
Reach Peb Fort by 10:30 pm and Rest on Top
Morning fort Exploration.
Breakfast at around 7:00 am
Trek towards Matheran by 8:00 am
Reach Neral stn by 11:00 am.
Things To Be carry:
Identity proof (must)
A bottle of water (at least 3 Ltrs) Compulsory
Some ready to eat food. Plum cakes, Biscuits etc.
Blanket / Sleeping bag, Cap, Camera
Personal Care stuff, Medicine those if u require usually
A good trekking shoes,
Please buy your return tickets and board 1st compartment from ahead (kalyan end). Missing train would mean missing the trek.
Sumeru trekkers Rules :
1. Smoking and drinking alcohol is strictly prohibited.
2. Trek leader’s decision will be final and binding. ***Participation confirmation only via confirmed bank transfer. ***
3. Sumeru Trekkers reserves all the right to change/deviate/cancel the plans without prior notice.
4. Telephonic confirmation is mandatory, if unable to contact send us a text message.
5. Sleeveless, low neck, figure hugging shirts/tops, short pants, hot pants not allowed.
6. Payment made is nonrefundable and non-transferable.
7. Please do not carry handbags or Jolas or Sling bags. Morning breakfast for Sunday
For more details and Registration, Please contact on the nos. given below:
Vijay Vanker : 86919 02227 / 97734 83465
Onkar Joshi : 97734 12472
Web site : www.sumerutrekkers.com
Facebook Page : https://web.facebook.com/
Facebook Group : https://web.facebook.com/
Email id : firstname.lastname@example.org
1) Bank Name: State Bank Of India
Name: Vijaybhai D Vanker
Account No : 9711313423
IFSC Code: KKBK0000627
(Once the payment is done, please message your UTR number and your name on above contact numbers).
2) Cash payment - Please feel free to call on above numbers and we will arrange for collection of cash.